The SSRI has independently- and co-sponsored a number of symposia on a wide range of issues.
- Rethinking Peace Studies [2-4 Jun. 2016]
- Special Lectures on Financial and Economic Risks [25 Mar. 2016]
- The Fifth Annual Conference of JAHSS [12-13 Dec. 2015]
- Conference on Financial Risk [24 Nov. 2015]
- Japan’s New Security Partnerships [6 Nov. 2015]
- Buraku Issues in the 21st Century: Reconsidering Representations, Realities and Opportunities [31 oct. 2015]
- Global Ethics Conference [5-6 Jun. 2015]
- Religion, Violence and Global Politics [25 May 2015]
- Roles, Responsibility and Social Imaginary in a Risk Society [17 &18 Jul.2014]
- Cultural Typhoon 2014 [28 &29 Jun.2014]
- Political Violence and Transitional Justice [18 Jan.2014]
- Current Status of Broadcasting, Media, and Expressions [22 Nov.2013]
- Can Japan and the World Have a Nuclear Ethic? [2 Sep.2013]
- The End of Liberal World Order? [30.Jan 2017@ICU]
- Who controls Food and Agriculture?New Challenges for Social Movement, Democracy, and Human Rights in a Global Era [05.Dec.2015@Sophia University]
- Beyond Nationalism? Peacebuilding and Religion in Asia [20 Dec.2014 @ICU]
- Revival of Democracy in the Global Age?
Beyond the Crisis of Representation [18 Jan.2014 @Sophia University]
- Human Security in Crisis?
Global Insecurity after the Financial Crisis and Fukushima [26 Jan.2013 @ICU]
Special page of ICU-Sophia International Symposium 【Link】