|Outline||ICU is a private, bilingual liberal arts university with an undergraduate College of Liberal Arts and graduate programs. ICU’s educational mission is based on Christian and democratic principles. ICU has 3,000 students from Japan and overseas.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is pleased to announce the beginning of an open search for a full-time faculty position in mathematics, especially geometry (topological geometry, differential geometry etc.), analysis (functional analysis, real analysis, differential equations etc.), stochastic differential equations, statistics, foundations of mathematics, computer science, mathematical demography, mathematical epidemiology, mathematical biology, mathematical physics, numerical analysis, integrable systems, discrete dynamical systems, mathematical finance etc. Courses to be taught may include: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Foundation of Analysis, General Topology, and related courses in General Education at the undergraduate level as well as related courses in the Graduate School.
|Department of Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Rank & Title||Associate Professor or above (At ICU, the rank of Associate Professor is an entry-level tenure-track faculty position.)|
|Term of employment||Tenured, tenure-track|
|Number of Positions||1|
1. Ph.D. degree. The successful applicant should also have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research.
|Deadline for applications||February 28, 2014 (Deadline may be extended until a suitable candidate is found.)|
|Starting date||April 1st, 2015 or as soon as possible thereafter|
|Selection process||After documentary screening, short-listed candidates will be invited to give a lecture and will be interviewed.|
|Notification of decision||Applicants will be notified by a letter.|
|Application materials||1. Free-form Curriculum Vitae
2. List of Academic Publications (No need to send actual publications until requested.)
3. Names and contact information of three referees and one person who can testify the applicant’s commitment to Christianity.
4. Cover letter describing how the applicant is appropriate for the position.
An application package with all necessary materials should be sent by registered mail to:
Professor Mitsuru Yamazaki
Chair, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
International Christian University,
3-10-2 Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-8585, JAPAN
* Write “Application for Position (Mathematics)” on the envelope.
* Submitted application materials will not be returned.
* Submitted application materials will be used only for the purpose of applicant screening.
|Contact address||3-10-2 Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-8585, JAPAN|
|Contact person||Prof. Mitsuru Yamazaki, Chair, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Position of contact person|
|Additional information||If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the above e-mail address.|